Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Quilting Requires an Easy Recipe!



My DH is off socializing and I have this quilt top on the frame:


Of course, I don't want to take much time away from quilting, but I needed to cook some chicken I had in the fridge so I whipped up this easy-peasy meal:

The sauce is Campbell's Teriyaki flavor - new to me.

I just put the chicken into the pan, dumped the frozen stir-fry vegetables on top and poured the sauce over the whole thing.  It bakes at 400◦ for 40 minutes, served it over white rice and Voila!


Oops ... this was supposed to show the pretty presentation - too late!
It’s 10 WW points (3 for the chicken, 4 for the sauce, 3 for the rice - the veggies are zero) so it’s not too bad and it’s at least as tasty as a restaurant meal.  The sauce would be a little too sweet for some (and I didn’t even add the optional pineapple chunks), but it was ok for me.  And now it’s back upstairs to continue quilting!  

Oh, and I always celebrate when I empty a spool of thread because it means lots of quilts have been made and are out the door to the kids-in-need.  Wonderful feeling ...
 

No comments: