Saturday, November 22, 2014

On a Roll Now



Had to take a break awhile back and go to the new car show.  My SUV is getting older and is getting to that stage where we will soon have to make repairs or bit the bullet and get a new car.  Since my husband is tall and I am short, we have to test a few models to see if we both fit, hence the car show!  We got there right when they opened and we were not the first to arrive:


 First up was the Geico gecko, and obligatory Kodak moment of course:


I really like the Jeep – DH likes the Grand Cherokee and I like the stripped down regular Cherokee:


The Hyundai Santa Fe was surprisingly roomy inside, but I don’t know a thing about Hyundai’s:


They didn’t let you get in the Ford Explorer – boo, hiss!  That’s what I have now and just might get another, but that means a visit to the dealer – big bummer – I don’t like car salesmen!

So the adventure will continue, but not right away.

And then it was back to quilting.  I finished this little batik top using my center braided section and some donated batik squares that I dissected and put onto the sides – perfect fit!



And I worked up this cute Ellie-Fun top.  After posting the pic on Facebook I went back and added the eyes – they turned out ok:



I finished quilting/binding these three for another Sunshine Quilt Guild member.  They will be sent off Monday to Wrap-a-Smile to beat the Christmas package rush.






No comments: