Monday, July 17, 2017

What's Been in the Works

I have quilted two of the tops I brought back with me from my fun quilting retreat in Omaha:

Floral Wave

Butterfly Enchantment

And I did a little yardwork – not too much since it has been oppressively hot and humid here.

This is our typical forecast – the lightning chases me out of the sewing room each day:


Scattered Thunderstorms


Scattered Thunderstorms

Scattered Thunderstorms

Scattered Thunderstorms

PM Thunderstorms
AM Thunderstorms
AM Thunderstorms

And this is my latest kitchen gadget purchase.  So far, I love, love, love it.  I’ve made lots of chicken, beef roasts, and these pork chops:

Several things I really like about it are that it keeps the kitchen cooler since I am not using the hot oven and it makes putting an entire meal on the table much quicker.  The roast took 40 minutes rather than 3 hours.  That’s a win!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth of July!

Stay safe this Holiday and remember
why we are celebrating ...

Let Freedom Ring!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday Summary

After attending a quilting Retreat in Omaha, I brought home 13 quilt tops to quilt and bind.  Oh my!  I had to quickly finish up a few bindings that I had left from quilting the same groups' lotto tops and fill a box for Quilts Beyond Borders.  Just one more to bind and that box will be on its way and I can load up those Omaha tops.

Here's the recent finishes in the box.  These were assembled by Tammy S from blocks sent to her by members of the Sunshine On-line Quilt Group:

Panto is called Cotton Candy

Panto is called Cotton Candy

Panto is called Cotton Candy
This was  panel sent to me a while back from Ann D, a Regional Coordinator of Quilts Beyond Borders.  It's just too cute!  And it's in the box, ready to go out:

Panto is called Cotton Candy
And this is the preview of the one that still needs binding.  The crumb blocks were sent to me by another member of the group, Lois.  Hope to show the finished quilt tomorrow and get that box in the mail ...
Panto is called Delight

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Quilts of Valor Meeting

Posting some photos of quilts turned in quilted and/or bound at the June meeting of the CT Quilters QOV Group in Tampa, FL so I can link up with Alycia's blog.  A big "thank you" goes out to our great longarm quilters.

The little cards pinned to the quilts are the tracking system we use so we now where the quilts are in each stage of the process.  Some awards pictures to follow soon - we have made 44 awards so far this year!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

This Day in History

Celebrate Flag Day today!


According to The History Channel, on June 14, 1877, the first Flag Day observance was held on the 100th anniversary of the adoption of the Stars and Stripes. As instructed by Congress, the U.S. flag was flown from all public buildings across the country. In the years after the first Flag Day, several states continued to observe the anniversary, and in 1949 Congress officially designated June 14 as Flag Day, a national day of observance.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Recap of the Busy Times

I am s-o-o-o-o not used to being busy.  I live a pretty nice, dull and sedate life with an occasional outing.  But I ran into a spate of things that each took up a little time and blogging fell by the wayside.  One more big occasion (for me) and I’ll get back to my regularly scheduled programming … sewing and snoozing ...

Here’s a synopsis of the last few months:

Out of town visitors

Got to meet and greet and shop a little


Planted some new annual sacrifices (and no, the delphiniums aren’t going to last thru the heat) – lots of mushrooms are growing because we’ve had tons of rain (that we really needed)


I get to substitute when the boys aren’t available to play with my husband ...
My "caddy" retrieving my ball - lol

this ibis tried to get the cranes to adopt him - his tribe soon came to gather him up

Had a wonderful trip to Indiana to visit my cousins/spouses/children/grandchildren/aunt

unset on the river from my cousin's front lanai
Sewed and quilted

Got a box off to Wrap-a-Smile and almost have one ready to go to Quilts Beyond Borders
Tammy assembled these quilt tops and I quilted and put the bindings on
Bought a new car

I love my smaller SUV – a stripped down Jeep Cherokee with almost no bells and whistles (but had to keep my Sirius radio – love that)
stock photo - mine has no chrome
Lots of Vet visits

The dog rules in my house – she’s almost healthy now - had a paw infection - lots of pills and creams and cream cheese

One more bit of traveling on the schedule and then it’s back to normal !!

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Friday, May 5, 2017

Two More Elephants

Still working on making a few elephants each month for the monthly Rainbow Scrap Color Challenge:
The one on the left is the last one from April's multi-color challenge and the one on the right is for May's green challenge.  The green one is feeling lucky because she has lots of lucky ladybugs!

I have quilted a few more for Sunshine On-line Quilters, but I need to have a Binding Blitz day to finish these up and get a box out.  Maybe this weekend ...
Panto is Arrowhead

Panto is Celtic Scroll

Panto is Mod Hearts