Friday, February 28, 2020

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE FOR FEBRUARY

Today was my day to wrap up a few February items.  I finished the orange blocks for the soscrappy challenge - continuing with my faux log cabin blocks:

Apparently, I forgot how many blocks I had made in green for January and overshot the mark.  I made 8 orange blocks and I only have 6 green ones.  I'll have to go back and make two more greens because that number gives you more design options.  Here they are together:

And I also finished up another Challenge.  A member of the Sunshine On-line Quilt Guild -  a group I'm in - had sent out five 2.5 inch strips to those who accepted the challenge to make blocks out of those strips.  Blocks in any multiple of 3 was acceptable - 3.5 inches, 6.5 inches, 9.5 inches or 12.5 inches.  I don't think I remembered to take a photo of the strips when they were uncut, but they included a yellow, a green, a blue, a red and a print strip.  

These were my blocks:

The finished kids' quilts for charity are going to be so-o-o-o cute!

No comments: