Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for March

Well, I'm barely making it under the wire for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of Aqua for the month of March.  I thought there was one more day in the month - you know it's harder to keep track now that we're all staying in place.  All of the days are running together!

This is how my lovely aqua blocks are shaping up:



And this is why I got a little behind in my sewing:

Yardwork!  I haven't been able to go to the gym so decided to do some yardwork for exercise.  I asked the lawn guy to cut the crepe myrtles for me but then to just leave them where they fell and I would cut them up myself for the yard waste collection.  And I did:


Bad timing on my part.  They just suspended yard waste collection in order to concentrate on and keep up with house waste collection.  Bummer.  I'm left with my buckets full and more limbs to trim with no buckets to put them in.  This is the side I haven't finished:

I'll figure something out.  If that's my only problem, then I consider myself blessed!

1 comment:

Susie H said...

I spent the past 2 days doing yard work too. Weeded through and trimmed the day lilies followed by trimming the Lime Hydrangea. After that I cleared the winter debris from the herb garden and set the burn pit on fire. Then I leveled out the setting for the rain barrel and passed out from exhaustion! Lol! Not really but my bursitis is letting me know that all of that was over the top. The good news is we've sure gotten a good start on Spring Cleaning, right? and then our reward is a couple hours of sewing. YIPPEE!