Monday, January 27, 2020

Sidetracked


I didn’t mean to start up posting to my blog again and then leave it sitting idle but I got waylaid by a good friend. 


I used to make baby quilts for all of my coworkers for quite a long time.  And, of course, I made baby quilts for members of my own family and a few close friends for their children or grandchildren.  I don’t make quilts for customers and now I don’t make quilts on request.  I much prefer to make charity quilts for children in need.


I was in a brain fog over the holidays and instead of saying no when asked to make a baby quilt, I found myself saying “primary colors or pastels”?  Big mistake.  At least I got to choose the fabric I wanted to work with.    So, this is what I rushed to get done so I could go back to what I had planned on doing this month:




Dr Seuss fabrics are always fun for babies and toddlers.  As is often the case with panels, the fabric tends to be askew and I had to finagle the block size to accommodate and correct the unevenness.  But, all-in-all, I think it turned out to be cute.


Then I got back on my schedule and will probably be able to finish my project for One Monthly Goal.  Will try to post tomorrow!!


No comments: