Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friggatriskaidekaphobia

I know I’m a little late to be posting about Friday the 13th, but it was such a great day that I couldn’t resist and was busy working in the yard today until now.  And no, I do not have either friggatriskaidekaphobia (a phobia of Friday the 13th) or the more familiar noun triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13).  Good thing since this year has three Fridays that fall on the 13th.  One was back in January and one will be in July.  Did you know that they all are 13 weeks apart?  How strange!

So why did I have such a great day?  I went to my monthly Quilts of Valor group meeting and we accomplished a lot … I’ll be writing more about that in another post.  There were several exciting finished quilts that were stunning.  Here’s a sneak preview:
And I was on such a roll that I finished up a child-sized top for Wrap-a-Smile using the blocks I had won from that group’s monthly lotto.  I won the February blocks, so of course, the color scheme for the month was reds.  These went together so nicely and I had the blue sashing on hand so it was a pleasure to work with.  I will quilt it up and bind it with the same blue as the sashing.
And what else made the day great?  Well, I had made brownies to take to the QOV meeting and I had bought a box of Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins to take also.  I only ate one brownie and two Munchkins.  Now that’s an accomplishment!
PS  They were very good …

No comments: