Thursday, January 29, 2015

Personal Volunteer Week



Since this is the week that I have my Quilts of Valor meetings (last Fri and Monday), I usually designate this week as my personal volunteering-locally week.

I attend the QOV meetings, which are always fun and we get a lot done.  These are some of the quilts made or quilted by others that were turned in this week:
 
made by Lize

made by Sandy

compiled from donated blocks and quilted by Sandy

Sandy quilted this.  These are blocks that volunteers made - I don't know who assembled it

quilted by Marilyn

pieced by Ginger

quilted by Sandy (left) and pieced by Ginger (right)

This is the quilt top and back that I picked up at the meeting to quilt and return next month:

And I always pick up a few quilt tops/backs at the shop while I am there to quilt up for Project Linus.  These were waiting for me:


They look like fun to quilt!

And just before the QOV meeting, I finished up quilting this one for Sunshine On-line Quilt Guild member, Beth in NJ.  It is quilted in a panto called Square Dance and turned out looking great with lots of texture!



There is a quilt show tomorrow, so I am anticipating a lot of walking … I'm counting it as Exercise!!

No comments: