Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Must Be Crazy ...

Yes, I must be crazy.  It is 95 in FL this time of year (with a heat index of 102) and I went out and played golf again today.  I was doing great on the front nine and fell apart on the back nine.  It wasn’t my fault … no, really!  I was totally demoralized when a big black crow stole my favorite Kashi crackers right out of my cart.  I was going to bite into their crunchy goodness right after that hole …
They were unopened and I even had them hidden under a golf towel, but the little bugger found them and flew off with them.  Bummer.  At least this Roseate Spoonbill didn’t laugh at me – my husband certainly did.  This Spoonbill might be young since its head is still very white.  It was the only one on the course and they usually hang out in groups.
 
Then on another hole I hit a very excellent shot off the tee and another very excellent shot that was going right for the flag – wait – wait for it – until it hit the edge of the concrete cart path and bounced like a rock back at me, hit the top of the golf cart by my side and landed 50 yards behind where I started.  Again, my very supportive DH nearly laughed himself sick.  These Coots were hiding their heads in shame for me … or were they laughing, too?!
Now you tell me how any of that could possibly be my fault?!!  I think I’m going to go take a nap …

But first, I’ll have to show you my finished Quilts of Valor Mystery Quilt top - this is #24 from Persimmon Quilts:

It is HUGE (72 x 72).  I’m used to making 40 x 60 child-sized quilts and this was a monster to work with.  But I think it turned out really well.  Another member of my QOV group was making the same Mystery quilt and I hope she brings it to our meeting tomorrow – I’ll be sure to snap a picture!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Pumpkin I understand but Flax- well just have to trust that is actually tastes good!

I love the quilt of valor.. It's a beautiful design. Some luck person will really enjoy having that one!