Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What’s in the Works?

I have been busily making stars out of pinwheels for one of the larger Quilts of Valor again.  My QOV group uses a snowball block and I ask them to save the leftover triangles from the corners of those blocks for me to use to make pinwheels.  This is the start of how I am using the pinwheels:
 Every other star will have a red frame and star points.  Fortunately, I was able to get some nice red fabric at an excellent price recently due to a friend that told me of a good sale!  More photos to come as the top progresses.

And of course, I always have to have more than one project in the works.  This top uses fabrics that were sent to me to make a quilt for Wrap-Them-in-Love, an organization that sends quilts to children around the world.  I’m going to call it “Rogue’s Gallery”:
 It’s also coming along nicely, but I need some more orange fabric for the borders – oh well, another fabric shopping trip – too bad – LOL!

No comments: