Monday, April 8, 2013

Yardwork and Quilty Progress

Into each life some yardwork must fall … and it’s mulch season around my house.  The weather has been so weird that I’ve been neglecting my yard (great excuse, huh?).  And it sure did need some work done.  So yesterday and today I went to town on the yard, so to speak.  I pulled weeds, cut back bushes and put down lots of mulch.  I still have half of the front to do, but it is looking so-o-o- much better that I’ll bet the neighbors are cheering!
 
It's getting there!

I love the African Iris in bloom!

I also dusted the entire house, finished up through Clue 2 of the red/white/blue mystery and laid out the fabrics for my next child’s quilt.  What a great day!
 
Mystery in progress - all cut and labeled for the next clue

This panel has lots of animals - the green is not true-to-color

PS  I think I need a nap …

1 comment:

Quilting Nan said...

It must have been a nice day on the whole East Coast. I too worked out in the yard, but did not make it down to my sewing room. Great job, & love your mystery progress. I haven't even pulled my fabrics. You gave me inspiration, Thanks.
Sheila