Friday, October 25, 2013

Road Trip!



Well, the truth is – it was only a little trip for me.  I moseyed on over to the Zephyrhills area (northeast of me) to the Hillsborough River State Park in Thonotosassa, FL.
I’ve read about the great trails they have there, but I’ve never been.  I met up with my friends that are traveling around in their brand new R-Pod at their campsite, and boy! is that camper cute.


It has everything – from a nice fridge to a microwave, a bed that stays down (doesn’t have to be converted) to indoor plumbing and a shower.
 
Indoor is better than this!
They have come down the east coast, visiting family and friends and checking out viable locations to return someday.   Their next stops will be in the FL Panhandle with its white sand beaches, then heading north again.  As my friend, Tom, put it, “this is the camping sampler trip”.  Think maybe he’s a closet quilter? Get it?  *Sampler* trip?!!  LOL

We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Z-Hills, only to find it was karaoke night … what a hoot! 

Most all of them were very good though, albeit loud.  It was fun and a great story to tell (no, we did not participate – we served as the audience – it was not crowded …).

It was so good to see my friend, Sarah, again, and once my eyes that are green from envy, turn back to blue, I’ll tell her so.  And I’ll tell them thanks for swinging by this way – hope to see you again soon.
 
Sunset over the Hillsborough River last night
Then this morning when I was at the grocery, I saw this 1930 Model A (I know that because it said so on the Horseless Carriage license plate):


Now that’s a touring car!

So, back to quilting, this is the latest child’s quilt top for Wrap-a-Smile:
 
the border is a check that doesn't show well in the photo

close-up of the zebra

Gotta get that quilted today … always something to get done – especially if you stay home!

No comments: