Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Quilting Requires an Easy Recipe!



My DH is off socializing and I have this quilt top on the frame:


Of course, I don't want to take much time away from quilting, but I needed to cook some chicken I had in the fridge so I whipped up this easy-peasy meal:

The sauce is Campbell's Teriyaki flavor - new to me.

I just put the chicken into the pan, dumped the frozen stir-fry vegetables on top and poured the sauce over the whole thing.  It bakes at 400 for 40 minutes, served it over white rice and Voila!


Oops ... this was supposed to show the pretty presentation - too late!
It’s 10 WW points (3 for the chicken, 4 for the sauce, 3 for the rice - the veggies are zero) so it’s not too bad and it’s at least as tasty as a restaurant meal.  The sauce would be a little too sweet for some (and I didn’t even add the optional pineapple chunks), but it was ok for me.  And now it’s back upstairs to continue quilting!  

Oh, and I always celebrate when I empty a spool of thread because it means lots of quilts have been made and are out the door to the kids-in-need.  Wonderful feeling ...
 

No comments: