Monday, April 6, 2015

16-Patch Scrappy Grows



In my last post for Oh Scrap! I showed my 16-patch with a setting I really didn’t care for.  So I decided to test drive an alternate block that used up some more scraps:


I was liking the look of this one, so it grew:


And grew:


And then I noticed that I had inadvertently made two identical orange blocks – bummer!  I had intended to make one of those pink …
So one block will change but I think I like this look much better.

PS  That one tan/cream block is much happier in person!

Linking to Quilting is more fun than Housework’s Oh Scrap!  Check it out to see more ideas for scrap quilts.


And what’s happening in the garden?  Not much gardening but the monarch caterpillars and butterflies are back.  My niece and nephew work for Catepillar so I never know what the real spelling is – I’m just glad to see the little butterfly-makers back eating my milkweeds!



1 comment:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I like how this quilt is coming together.I am just starting a rainbow scrap quilt for the next Scrap A Palooza quilt. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap!