Monday, April 20, 2015

Yard Work and One More Top



I’ve been working in my neglected yard recently and haven’t been sewing much.  I did finish sewing the blocks together and adding the borders to this little top with the baby animals.



I first showed the beginning of this top when I was auditioning the sashing to go with a scrappy quilt (see this post).  But the sashing looked much better with these fabrics from my stash than the other scrappy so I guess it was meant to be …

I am linking up to Oh Scrap! from Quilting is more fun than Housework so they can see the finished top.  Once again, the stack of tops is getting tall and I need to get to quilting them!

My yard is beginning to look much better with some much-needed mulch and some new annuals.  I’m trying out this Angelonia that promises to attract butterflies and can tolerate the heat and humidity in Florida:
 
Not in the ground yet - and this area needs to be mulched - always something more to do ...
All of the websites say these plants attract butterflies, but none tell you which type of butterflies.  Those “sticks” on the left and right in the photo are the stems of my milkweeds that the monarch caterpillars have been devouring the leaves and flowers of.  That’s what I plant the milkweed for, so go ahead and munch away little guys!

1 comment:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hurray for finished tops! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!