Monday, June 8, 2015

A Weekend of Sewing

Just a little bit of sewing this past weekend.  In the evening of D-Day, I finished a top for Quilts of Valor using the last of the 4-patch blocks that were made by volunteers.  We used the blocks that were meant to be 6.5 inches in a Bonnie Hunter design, but these blocks were made using a 3/8 inch seam and so they only measured 6 inches.  This was the design I came up with last Fri night, but it isn't the final top.  I didn't like the blocks around the corners so I ended up putting them across the top and bottom.  When my quilt holder returns, I'll get a photo of the changed design.


Then, just for fun, I did this quickie Big Block Sailboat from a Project Linus design.  Did the whole thing in one evening (and just selecting fabrics takes me a long time!).  It was fun.

2 comments:

Kate said...

like them both !!!!

knitnkwilt said...

The big boat is especially cute.