Friday, June 5, 2015

Which Computer Taking Up Time?



I haven’t kept up with my posts here because I finally broke down and got a Tablet.  Not the top of the line – more of a tablet for Dummies.  Ha!  Should have bought myself an 8-yr old to go with it to teach me how to use it.


I easily downloaded both the Kindle and Nook apps first thing, of course (I love books).  Then easily downloaded a free book.  I read it, then got stuck and could never get out of the book nor delete it entirely.  Bummer.  Three days later, I got around to looking on-line on the REAL computer and found others had the same problem.  Easy solution – tap click with fingernail, not push with finger (huh??!!).  Worked fine.  Went back to sewing – made me happier.

I made a few Heart Hugs and got them in the mail to an on-line friend that lost her husband.


It was a tradition in our on-line quilt guild that had fallen by the wayside, but I’m glad it got revived.  Even if she never makes anything from the many hearts she gets, she will have something tangible coming in that reminds her that we care.

I have been working on Quilts of Valor recently because we have a big event coming up in Nov with lots of quilts to be given out.  I quilted the one I made last Sept and am now working on that panel to the right that doesn’t show very well in this photo.  I’m not much of a designer – it might just get framed and framed and framed:


I have also been trying to keep up with the walks, but we’ve had lots of rain and lightning.  Here’s a few floral sightings that have perked me up:
 
geraniums

hydrangeas are rare this far south

don't know what this is but I liked it!

I even like weeds!


No comments: