Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sewing or Exercise?



That is the question …
Well, in my mind, I think that certain amounts of sewing ARE exercise!

It’s times like these though that I really would like to be able to do custom quilting.  Wouldn’t this look lovely with thread painting of that gorgeous eagle?!


I guess I should be able to about now, since I’ve had my longarm about a year and a half.  But fear holds me back.  So alas, until I practice I’m stuck with edge-to-edge quilting and that’s what this panel is getting (Star Dance Digital Panto):


This will go to Quilts of Valor at our meeting at the end of the month.

And, as for that exercise, DH and I went out to play golf at a nearby executive course a few days ago (I haven’t played since Sept, so I haven’t the stamina for a big course yet):
 
ominus clouds beginning to gather

getting darker

We had to share the course with a few critters:
 
seagulls come inland during storms - onto my tee box

that ibis didn't mind my golf ball by her feet - and that's not a short putt left!

soft shelled turtle laying her eggs not far from a green

And we got rained on twice, but we got the 18 holes in – now that counts as exercise!

No comments: