Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Summary

I just took another quilt destined for Wrap-a-Smile off of the quilting frame.  Last summer, we had a Challenge in my quilter's group to make a quilt using the colors of the Olympic Rings.  So I used all of the colors, but made squares instead (no copyright issues here!).  We had all kinds of cute quilt designs result from the Challenge, but I am happy with my simple version.

Then I found the cutest backing fabric at Connecting Threads on sale.


Now I don't know what to name my quilt.  I was calling it Stepping Up to the Olympics, but now I am considering calling it Out of This World Athletes just for fun.

I really like the quilting I selected, too.  I have worked up this pattern before - it's called Square Dance by Anne Bright - and it always turns out nicely.

So let's hope this one doesn't languish in the to-be-bound basket too long ...




No comments: