Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just One Top Done

Just finished up the borders on the 4-to-9 Patch top.  I like the country colors in this one.  Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try some more feathers in the light tan part (it's not as white as it looks in the photo).  I'll probably just meander in the middle - my current favorite, easy quilt design!
And this is the inspiration for my next easy quilt top.  You can tell that the heat has been getting to me and I haven't gotten that energy boost that the crisp fall weather is supposed to bring - ha! - not in Florida - maybe in October!  This photo is of the side wall of one of the local elementary schools, and is a simple square in a square set on point - perfect for some novelty fabrics.

2 comments:

Pattilou said...

Love the 4-to-9 Patch top. The borders just pull it all together and make it wonderful! Hope you get your energy back soon. Cooling in the air here and I'm just not ready for it!

Carol E. said...

I love the quilt (4 to 9)!! So pretty. I have the top of a take out box saved somewhere as my inspiration for a quilt. Wonder if I'll ever get to it.