Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mystery Solved

Before I show the Quilts of Valor Mystery Quilt all laid out, I want to remind everyone that there’s still time to celebrate National Hot Dog Month.  The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council has estimated that over seven billion hot dogs and sausages will be eaten this summer alone.  This poor misunderstood food remains a great favorite and one of the best comfort and picnic foods around!  Its name is thought to have come from a sports cartoonist, Tad Dorgan, at the Polo Grounds in NY.  The vendors there had begun selling hot dachshund sausage rolls in buns and he didn’t know how to spell it so he simply called them “hot dogs”!
Be sure to dress your dog and not
the bun – mustard is the all around favorite,
but children go for ketchup the most.

As for me, I’ll be hitting the lettuce heavily this month instead.  Apparently, I have been over-indulging and I missed National lettuce month last May, so now I must repent of my wicked ways.  If you’d like to check out some of the Food Channel's salad offerings, see this link:
We've had several days of respite from the rains, so I was able to walk up to the drugstore and the library and get some much needed exercise.

And now to finally get to my main subject:
I was able to finish the last few blocks of my Persimmon Quilt's QOV mystery quilt and this thing is HUGE!  I didn’t have room to lay it all out with the borders.  I’ll be sewing rows together this weekend and have a finished top soon.

No comments: