Sunday, September 15, 2013

Reporting on Sunday - Extras



Last Friday was my monthly Quilts of Valor meeting, so I usually finish up some of those projects the week before to take along with me.  The first is a Jelly Roll-type quilt made up from pieces that I bought for just $2 at a guild’s shop during their quilt show.  Someone had cut the strips and had sets pinned together – it looked like the intention was to use them to make a log cabin, but I just went the easy route and made the Jelly Roll pattern.  I think these always look better after they are quilted.


This second one was pieced by someone in the QOV group and I quilted it with my new computerized long-arm.  I think it turned out great!
 
I wish I had made this top - it is gorgeous!

Detail showing Allegiance pantograph

Quilt before binding was hand-sewn down at the meeting

September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month and my LQS is having a challenge to collect pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer.  That group’s mission is to help children smile while battling life threatening illnesses.  You can learn more about this group at:  http://www.conkerrcancer.org/

These are the pillowcases that I made up last night and took to the shop today (and the close-ups of the cute fabrics – I just love the designs!):
 
Lined up and ready to go

I LOVE those dinosaurs

Puppy toes are always popular

This is the last of my cats-in-the-tulips fabric and I will miss it!

Remind you of a circus?

My favorite footwear ...

And today I MUST finish bindings for my Wrap-a-Smile quilts … I have been saying this for weeks!  I’d like to get a box in the mail ASAP … [more best-laid-plans??].

No comments: