Thursday, July 24, 2014

Catching Up Once Again



I always seem to be a little behind on my blogging.  To finish off what happened last week:

I did one more session with my little Flat Stanley for the young Boy Scout in Minnesota (for his visit to Dunedin, see this post), I took him to my Quilts of Valor meeting last Friday.  Boy Scout Troops frequently take part in community service programs so I showed Flat Stanley what Quilts of Valor was all about and what we do at the meetings.

First he saw the patriotic fabrics display in the Quilt Shop.  Flat Stanley is standing on the basket of kits of fabrics/instructions for blocks that volunteers can check out and return:


Then he saw one of the pieced tops that was turned in – this one was made by Ginger using the Take 5 quilt pattern.  Ginger is making at least one Quilt of Valor top a month in 2014 in honor of her husband that passed away at the end of 2013 due to the effects of Agent Orange.  Roger was very supportive of Ginger’s volunteer activities with QOV and Conker Cancer (pillowcases for children in the hospital).   All of Ginger’s quilts will go to Viet Nam veterans.


Flat Stanley helped a little with the sewing to add borders to tops:


Then he proudly showed off the stack of finished quilts – these will be going to the Poly-Trauma Unit at nearby Haley VA Hospital:


That’s the last of my adventures with Flat Stanley.  He was fun, but it’s time for him to travel on to new ventures!


No comments: