Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Challenge Blocks

A member of one of my on-line groups issued a Challenge to make 12-inch blocks that she would assemble for sampler quilts to be donated to a children's charity.  She sent us a piece of printed fabric that was to be used in each block.  Any block design was acceptable as long as the Challenge fabric was used in it in some way.  These are the blocks that I came up with.  The Challenge fabric is the print shown in the detail picture.

Detail
I did the Southwest Bunny first and then made the other blocks to go along with him.  The challenge fabric makes up the sunburst in the bunny block.  The pinwheels are the leftover triangles from the flying geese in the Dutchman's Puzzle block.  I just saw a picture that another member made for the Challenge that had colorful gila monsters in the blocks.  I wonder if these will go with them?!

My thanks go out to Sindy from FatCat Patterns for the bunny design.  Check out the other templates she offers at: http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/Ethnic%20Flavored%20Designs.html

And thanks also to Marcia at the Quilter's Cache for the patterns for the other blocks.  Her website is at
http://www.quilterscache.com/
What a treasure to find these free block patterns that I use for donation quilts.

No comments: