Monday, January 2, 2012

A Finished Top

This is my first finished top of 2012.  It has lots of novelty prints and it doesn't show up well, but the outside border has tiny multi-colored hearts on the black background:

It looks like a Disappearing 9-Patch, but it is actually made using a design from Marcia Hohn’s Quilter’s Cache website.  Her measurements made it easier to use small novelty scraps leftover from other projects.  Her block can be viewed at:

And I sewed up a few blocks from kits for a Quilts of Valor group that meets in a local quilt shop.  I hope to join in with this group this month.
Each stack in this photo has 4 blocks in it, for a total of 16 blocks.  Of course, these worked up quick as a whistle, but I didn’t want to take more kits until I find out more about how they are to be put together.  The directions in each kit referred to an "A" block (which these all were) and a "B" block that was similar to a snowball (but they had no kits of those).  It will be exciting to see what comes of these!

And today I’m starting on the first of my NEWFOs for 2012 (see my sidebar button) – it's the Lil’ Twister.  I’ll post about progress on that later!

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

I've used that Tams Patch block many times. I love it! Your bright choice of colors and such a variety is great!