Sunday, January 13, 2013

Big Doings in My Sewing Room

I finally broke down and bought myself a new sewing machine!  Now that I’ve sewn on it for several days, I could kick myself for not going out and getting one last year.  This machine just plain p-u-r-r-r-r-s!
And since I got that new chair for Christmas, you could say that I’m sitting pretty in the sewing room!  OK – that was a very bad pun … bad girl.

I picked up my new machine on Friday.  There is a Shop Hop going on in this area so I HAD to pick up a teensy-weensy bit of fabric – well, may five yards or so from four different stores (they were on the way home - well, almost).  It was a good deal – I couldn’t not get it!

So I tried out my new Bernina on a big block design for Quilts of Valor.  This uses the Simplified Maryland Beauty block from this site:

The site also gives fabric and cutting instructions for 6, 9 or 12 inch blocks - I chose the big blocks so it could be put together faster - I still have one more row to do.  My QOV meeting is this coming Friday and I want to turn it in then.  There are many ways that you can set these blocks.  Check out Alycia Quilts’s Blog at this link to see how some of the ladies at the Longmont Quilt Bee laid theirs out.

I have a class on how to work with my new machine this Tuesday – I may have to tear myself away from it to attend!  I’m in l-o-v-e …….

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

So happy for you and your new Bernie! You will love it, I'm sure.