Today was a mixed bag. I had to do laundry (yes, that happens to me sometimes), but I wanted to get some stuff ready for my next Quilts of Valor meeting, also.
It’s not until next week but I wanted to layout some blocks for tops and get them numbered so the ladies could be productive sewing them when we’re together. We’re lucky that out group is growing, but that means that there’s not as much available space in our meeting room to lay out these bigger tops, so it pays to be prepared.
|Picking up the numbered rows|
(this is a second top)
Then after finishing the vacuuming (how did that chore sneak in there – I swear I vacuumed just 6-8 weeks ago…LOL), I did a little more work on my new adventure.
I discovered a site called Sadie’s Dream for a Cure, named after little Sadie S. who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma at 6 months old. Just look at this darling face and tell me that your heart didn’t melt at least a little:
|Brochure from Sadie's Dream for a Cure|
You can learn more about them at the above link or on Facebook at:
This is my tote bag-in-process. I was sent a kit from this group with all of these supplies (bag and lining material shown and pellon interfacing, plus an extra label).
|Lining (L) and Outside of Bag (R)|