Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hex N More Ruler Class

I love trying new things and nothing’s better than a new gadget to work with.  Rulers are my all-time favorite tools and I must admit I get hooked on new ones.  This new ruler from Jaybird Quilts, the Hex n More, is really fun to work with and there are many projects that look so totally different that you will be surprised that they are made with the same ruler.  I took a class to learn how to maximize use from the ruler.  This class was to make the Tasty Little Table Runner and it worked up really quickly. 

Of course, I had to change horses in midstream, so to speak, and changed the color and fabric of my outside borders to make the table runner more green than blue, so I didn’t finish in the class like others did.   Here’s my work in process:
I used part of a Bali Pop batik roll called Tiramisu
These are some of the other fabrics that class members used.  I liked them all, but the picture doesn’t do the one with animal prints justice.  It was stunning!


Country French

Spring Garden


Modern Collection

Purple and Lime - finished top


Another Bali Pop with animal
print colors - finished top

Two classes in one week was a bit much for me, but that’s when the shop had them scheduled and that’s what I wanted to take! 










This week will be a little more leisurely with time for my donation quilting (I hope!).  I am working with some donated 9-patches and experimenting with inverse-colored strips.
This isn’t the final layout – I think I’ll make them all with the light in the middle and use the negatives on another top.  We’ll see how I feel tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't kn ow why but today days of blogs showed up that I had not seen previously.. You've been busy.. Tissue covers were not what I imagined when you said you were doing those - but they are wonderful and yes KT made them!!!!!

Don't take out the pockets - let it be versatile; sometimes tote, sometimes a bag!
G