Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday’s Sewing



So, the local quilt shop had a sale – 30% off if you bought the end of the bolt.  And if you were lucky enough to find good stuff, what’s a girl to do?  Well, I found a few bolt-ends and then the book jumped into my bag – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!


These are the 4-patches I’ve had around for a long time and this book will help turn them into something:


This was what I had shown previously to be my work in progress:


And, this is what the 9-patches morphed into:


It is very loosely based on this modern quilt design from Elizabeth Hartman:

I was bored with the first photo and liked the asymmetrical look of the modern quilt.  Someday, I’m going to move into modern …  first I have to use up a lot of stored fabric!

Oh, and this is the bunny I saw on my walk:


We don’t see as many of these as I would expect.  He was in a side yard, just munching away.  Cute little devil … unless it’s your garden, of course!

No comments: