I did get some work done in the yard this past week, but very little sewing until this weekend. We’re right on the edge of “it’s too darn hot to be in the yard!” around here. I’ve had to get out in the morning and I’m just not a morning person. But the yard will be looking better soon. My neighbor has some gorgeous cone flowers:
We’ve had lots of Monarch butterflies this year but I’ve only seen one caterpillar and he didn’t eat much – must have been ready to cocoon. I’d like to get more plants that Monarchs, Swallowtails and Sulphurs like – gonna have to look that up.
Back at the beginning of the week, I did finish up the monkey panto on Beth’s quilt top – I put vines at the bottom for the monkeys:
Now I have three of Beth’s that I need to put bindings on and I will have a box ready to go off to Wrap-a-Smile.
And then yesterday and this morning, I quickly did up these two little quilts for Project Linus. I just do the quilting for them – they do the binding (yea!), so I turned them back in at the LQS today.
This one has a floral panto called Sunday by Anne Bright Designs:
And this one has a panto called Cotton Candy, also by Anne Bright Designs. I don’t know where people get these cute panels – I love these animals. And if you’ll notice, the horse has a Blue Ribbon, reminding me of the State Fair, hence the “Cotton Candy” panto! Yes, there is method to my madness, sometimes!