Sunday, January 29, 2017

Quilt Show

Quilter's Crossing of Palm Harbor (FL) held their biennial quilt show this weekend.  As usual, it was delightful.  I like to walk around all of the displayed quilts first and see what's new and popular.  I then go back and take pictures of what I especially liked or ideas I thought I might use for children's quilts or quilts I was just plain in awe of.  So, this year I had lots of inspiration and will break the photos into more than one blog post.

I was surprised this year to see how many panels were used and displayed.  This was not a judged or juried show, but some of the thread painting in these panels was certainly worthy of prizes and ribbons!  Here goes a whole bunch of quilts using panels that I really liked [most photos show the entire project, then the maker's name card/description then maybe some details]:



























Next post will show the creative uses of embellishments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creative settings make all the difference.