Friday, January 14, 2011

Quilting Done & Design Wall

I have a new project that I've started laying out on the *design floor* ... these H-blocks came from a block swap way back in July 2009.  Since they were very easy to make, and the swap specified pastels and white-on-white that I had a bunch of, I made a bunch to swap.  I then ended up with enough blocks to make two children's quilts - and it's about time that I got around to making them.  It will be fun to make a more *girly*  quilt since I've made so many *boy* quilts recently.  I will try to be creative with the borders, but I make no promises (sometimes I poop out and just go with what's easiest)!
Some of the swap blocks

I also finished quilting and binding #2 of the fraternal triplets that I showed in this post (one of those has already gone out in the mail).  This one will become #1 of my goal of 11 in 11 for Wrap Them in Love.  It was also on my list as #6 for Judy Laquidera's 2011 UFO Challenge, so I've completed one UFO for that!
Finished quilt with back showing

Detail of meandering quilting and backing

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congratultions on a lovely finish! That quilt will be treasured. Love your H-blocks, too. Perfect for sweet baby quilts!