Saturday, January 22, 2011

Two Finished Quilts

Well, it rained most of the day on Friday and I was able to finally get some tops quilted and finished since there was no thunder and lightning.  These will go into the box to be sent off to the Wrap Them in Love Foundation.  This great group has a mission to collect donated quilts and distribute them to children around the world, so they can be wrapped in love and comfort.

The first quilt finish uses blocks that I won in the Sunshine Quilt Guild’s block lottery – the color scheme for that month was red/white/black.  I’m sure an older child will appreciate these more sophisticated colors.  The back is black and white polka dots.  I took the pic when the binding was still pinned, but it's done now.

This quilt fulfills two of my 2011 Challenges:
   First, it was number 18 on my list for Judy Laquidera's UFO Challenge from her Patchwork Times blog.  I had more than 12 to put on a list so I doubled up and #18 was across from #6 which is the number she selected for January - I have already finished my #6 - read about it in this post.
  And Second, it is #3 of my 11 in 11 Challenge for WTIL - I'm making progress on making 11 quilts for that group this year.

Photo when almost finished

Detail showing polka dot backing












The second quilt finish was made with some fabric that I received when a dear lady passed away.  I fussy-cut some of the whimsical animals and framed them in the Attic Windows setting.  The borders have butterflies in the same colors.  The backing is an orange tone-on-tone.  A younger child is sure to latch on to this cute top that is soft and cuddly, even if it doesn’t photograph well (the camera operator, I’m sure)!

This is #4 for my goal of making 11 quilts for the 11 in 11 Challenge for WTIL.  Woohoo!

 

Detail with backing showing

2 comments:

Pattilou said...

Nice work! You are whipping right along on your WTIL challenge! Really like the black and white and red--and I found a couple of blocks I did! Fun attic windows quilt.

The Quilting Elf said...

Thank you! I'm always happy when I find my blocks in Tammy's quilts - so I'm glad you spotted yours!