Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Finish, WIP Greens and New Challenge

I finally put the borders on the batik squares top and now it is the proper size to quilt up and donate to Wrap-a-Smile.  I’m now working on a green top for that same group that will also complete my green effort for the 2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I don’t have a photo of that one yet, but might finish it this afternoon.
I call this one Busy Batiks!














New Challenge Project:

It was so easy and quick to whip up a single star block for the Challenge project that Moda is sponsoring with the Quilts of Valor organization.  This project is called *Just One Star* and their goal is to piece, quilt and bind 100 quilts in 100 days using the Flag of Valor pattern by Minick and Simpson by June 14, 2011 (Flag Day in the USA).  Participants are encouraged to make just one star and the staff and designers at Moda will trim the blocks and assemble the quilts.  The star blocks are due by May 1st. 

If you’d like to join in, check out this tutorial from United Notions and send in your star block to:

United Notions/Moda Fabrics
Attn: Just One Star Project
13800 Hutton
Dallas
, TX 75234


My *Just One Star* Block (maybe I should iron it!)

No comments: