Monday, May 9, 2011

I Won Some Quilt Blocks!

I am a member of an on-line quilt swap group called Mailblocks.  This group has a monthly block lottery and at the end of April I won the blocks – yipee!  The packages with blocks from the various members are starting to come in the mail and finally, it’s worth going to the mailbox … very exciting, as a matter of fact!  I expect to receive 25 - 12″ blocks, so along with the ones I made, I should have enough for 2 child-size quilts.  This is just plain fun.

So the catch is that the winner for the month has to select the next month’s lottery block.  I selected the Easy Bow Ties from this site:

This interesting website (Delaware Quilts) started as a *gathering spot* to display their popular quilt retreat information.  It has grown and now has a block of the month section (for skill building) and it also has a section for quilt patterns for sale.  Almost all of the proceeds from the pattern sales benefit the American Cancer Society.  The patterns can be purchased in downloadable PDF format or via snail mail.  Check out the circular log cabin design – very cool!

These are the blocks I made to send to the May winner of the Mailblocks lottery.  I took two pictures since you can lay out these bowtie blocks in so many ways.  They were fun to make and I’ve already started making some for myself since they work up so fast.  Expect another picture soon of a finished top!

2 comments:

Pattilou said...

What fun blocks. I've never done that block so to see the bottom way of blocking them together was a surprise for me. I like it that way.

Anonymous said...

This would be exciting! Congrats!

GJ