Anyway, I jogged on in to Joann's looking for some teenage boy fabric per my last post. I didn't find any panels, but I did find several suitable fabric prints. The hard part then was finding coordinating colors. I really liked some underwater fabric but didn't see anything to go with it, so I got one nautical print that I liked and one with airplanes. This is the one I'm working on now:
|Top in Progress|
The design for the quilt is from the book "What a Novel Idea" by Pat Sloan. It has quite a few patterns that I liked that showed off how to use novelty prints in quilts. The one I'm making now is a smaller version of the one on the cover so it will fit with the size quidelines requested by Quilts for Kids.
And, by the way, I did get the Indian Hawthorne bushes and I started pulling out the old dead ones today!