Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still a WIP and Gardening

I'm still working on the lottery block top that I posted about last time.  One of the downsides of working with blocks that different people have made is that they often aren't the same size.  I decided to add sashing to the Box Kite blocks in order to attempt to trick the eye and minimize the size differences.  I'll be working on this tonight - they still aren't trimmed or sewn together, but I wanted to take a pic to see how the sashing looked:


Sashing is black with white polka dots
And for my garden report:
Today is appreciate the Zinnias day - I didn't know if these plants would survive the hot and humid days we are now having, but apparently they like it!  I do have to make sure they get extra water occasionally, but they continue to thrive.  Gotta love a plant like that!


No comments: