Thursday, July 7, 2011

QFK Top and BooBoo

I finished up the Quilt for Kids top that came in a kit from the organization.  They neglected to include enough strips of the dark green in the kit for the 4-patches and I didn’t have any fabric remotely close to that color so I substituted some orange that I think goes with the dinosaurs focus fabric and the purple and green provided.  The green was three blocks short, but that was odd when I just made that many substitute blocks (no pun intended) so I made a few extra.  I hope I’ve made a pleasing arrangement of the various color blocks.  This is the competed top:

But then I had this issue arise with my quilt frame:

I’d say when it rains, it pours, but I hope this isn’t a trend of problems. My husband I plan to correct the issue with the rails of my frame tomorrow – it looks like a screw just vibrated loose over time where the rails connect and is an easy fix.  Crossed fingers everybody!

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

Your QFK quilt is a nice compromise! I did one once it and too was short. I just finished it a bit smaller than than the prescribed size. Never sent for another kit. But the time I did it, I figured, I'd rather pay for the material and create my own worries!

Hope you got your quilt frame fixed!