Sunday, March 3, 2013

Feather Princesses Quilt Show

Last Friday and Saturday the Feather Princesses presented their Quilt Show with the theme “Reflections”.  The FPs are a very active and friendly appliqué quilt guild in the Tampa Bay area and the work that they presented was fabulous.  I don’t usually do appliqué myself, but I am an ardent admirer of the delicate work and the time that goes into these wonderful productions.  Here are some of my favorites from the show:

I loved this presentation of the Quilt Show Theme, called Lady in the Water.  The detail was amazing.  It was an original design made by Kathy Turner.


Lady in the Water Detail
This example of a Baltimore Album type presentation was striking on its black background.  It was called Hearts of Many Colors and was also made by Kathy Turner (I must have been drawn to her beautiful work …) and quilted by Bobbi Raines.
My photo doesn’t do this Ginko quilt justice – the colors and workmanship were both marvelous.  The fabrics selected were perfect to enhance the original design.  It was designed and made by Alicia Gierula and quilted by Cissie Arvidson.
This next Baltimore Album type quilt was titled Rice and Beans – Ybor’s Garden.  Ybor City (pronounced ee’-bore) is an old cigar-making city next to downtown Tampa with a strongly Cuban and Hispanic influence.  In this quilt, the blocks are set on a light background – it was a collaborative effort by The Three Circles Quilt Group within the Feather Princesses Guild.  The pattern was by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins; Aunt Millie’s Garden; Piece O’ Cake Designs.

Rice and Beans Detail
This exquisite wall-hanging, called Orchid in Bloom, was an original design by Sandi Snow.
And a personal favorite of mine was called Snugly Bugly!  This darling bed quilt was made by Patrice Neville from an Amy Bradley design.  What a hoot!

Snugly Bugly Detail
I’m glad I was able to make it to the show on Friday - and I wanted to go back to the mini-quilt auction on Saturday, but that didn’t happen because by Saturday I needed one of these:
Cute Kat Sleep Mask
I somehow scratched the cornea of my eye and had to go to a walk-in clinic to see what in the world I did to it.  They told me it should get better quickly with eye drops as the scratches were shallow, but you sure can’t tell that by how much I’ve been moaning and whining.  My husband is keeping me supplied with tea and cinnamon toast (for medicinal purposes, of course), but I think it’s to keep my mouth shut.  No quilting for me this weekend, but I have great plans for next week!

No comments: