And I also finished putting on some borders to complete a flimsy that is intended to go to Wrap a Smile. I put it together like this:
- started with lots of my leftover binding pieces (all 2 1/2 inches wide),
- just kept sewing them end to end,
- then re-cut them into 6 inch pieces,
- sewed three of the pieces together,
- cut a single piece of *top* to fit across the pieces to make a *block*,
- arranged the blocks to suit me,
- sewed them together and added an inner border,
- used the leftover smaller pieces to make squares and added the final border.
|Leftover Binding Strip Ends|
|Binding Strips Sewn End-to-End Randomly|
|Long Strips Sub-Cut Then *Tops* Added to Make Blocks|
|Finished Flimsy with Borders|
Easy-Peasy and used lots of scraps to make a colorful top.