Thursday, February 24, 2011

What's in Process Today

We are making some kitchen renovations and we are currently on hold.  When they were cutting electrical holes in the backsplash on Tues, the piece broke.  So they had to go back to the shop and cut a whole new rectangle.  They are expected to return Saturday.  Fortunately, we were able to go ahead and get the plumbing for the sink and electical for my cooktop hooked up yesterday.  I could have lived without the cooktop since we have a microwave and oven, but it was getting really old to wash dishes in the bathroom sink!

So I had a partially free day today to get some sewing done.  I am putting together some batik blocks that I got in a block swap from Mailblocks.  I do a lot of swaps with that group that are easy to do and easy to put together and I end up with a lovely variety of fabrics.  I will put a border around these and make an easy-peasy top for Wrap-a-Smile.  I think a child somewhere in the world will be happy with these bright colors.

No comments: