Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day!

What will you do with your extra calendar day this year?
By Nancy Lucas for http://leapyearday.com/content/celebrate-spin
I was planning to take a class today, but unfortunately it was cancelled.  I don’t really need the class because I once made an easy Christmas table runner with pre-made tape in a Celtic design.  It came from this book:
And looked like this, only I made mine with Christmas fabric on the outside:
I can’t locate the pic of mine right now and the runner is in a Christmas box that I’m not going to drag out to photograph it.

I had wanted to take a class called Celtic Hearts to learn to make my own bias tape – that pre-made stuff is expensive!!  And I thought I’d get some more Celtic designs because I like them.  I think I can figure this out on my own with little trouble.  My book has instructions for that and I had already bought the bias tape maker for the class – the kind that adds the Steam-a-Seam 2 onto the back for you.  And I have started to search for designs on the web and found plenty, but classes with other people are fun and the instructors usually have great tips to facilitate the process.  I’m bummed but I will persevere.

I did find this free design at Fons and Porter’s site that includes a stencil pattern.  I think I’m going to start with this.
I’ll not be making this entire quilt, but I may make some Celtic Knots and some Cobblestones.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments: