Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Quilt Show Pictures

Here are a few more of the great quilts displayed at the Cypress Creek Quilter's Guild's show on Nov 6th:
The cute matching mini was displayed with the large quilt.


Part applique and part paper-pieced







Beautiful machine embroidery is shown in a close-up that follows




Lovely stained glass effect achieved by paper-piecing



This picture doesn't do justice to the gorgeous florals


This was the only rag-type (or raw edge) that I saw, very soft and huggable


Beautiful applique - I noticed that many used professional machine quilters


The machine applique and the batiks were perfect together.

Detail


The use of wool made for a very rich-looking design


This is an example of a tube-type construction - very well made


You can see a little of the backing pattern showing thru due to the bright sun behind this quilt - it was as adorable as the front but I didn't get a picture - drat!


I loved the colors and this unique design


Very striking color combination


A very pretty stack and whack type design - her note says she started this in 1997 and a UFO challenge got her to finish it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Auntie Garden is the same pattern I used for my quilt.
I just enlarged it, and since it took me 12 years to do, I renamed it 12 Years in my Garden.
Hope to see you at Barb's sometime this winter.
Jan Smith

The Quilting Elf said...

Jan:
That is just a fantastic project - congratulations again on your ribbons - I'd wear them around the house if I were you!