Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today's Quilt Finish

Last April, I won quite a few blue and white Monkey Wrench blocks in a block lottery.  This is my first finished quilt using some of those blocks ... there will be more since I won 45 blocks (wahoo!).  You might catch a glimpse of some orange in the binding - those are the basketballs - I used the same binding material as the backing.  It is a cute print with all kinds of balls used in sports.  Very boy-friendly!
Longer top than I usually make - 72 inches.

Glimpses of the binding and backing.

Shows more of the cute backing fabric.













And I found out by accident that today is the anniversary of when Sesame Street began:

     Nov 10, 1969 - Sesame Street
premiered on PBS, featuring Jim Henson's Muppet characters  and actors and cartoons. The teachings and antics of Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster filled the minds and hearts of thousands of preschool children, and the award-winning educational series was a tremendous success. Sesame Street was produced by the Children's Television Workshop.

I'll have to search out some Sesame Street fabric and make a top (hey, any excuse to buy more fabric works for me!).  Congratulations, Big Bird and cast.

No comments: