Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Quilt Finishes

I was able to get a lot of sewing done this morning.  I finished quilting the Box Kites top that I made from my Mailblocks on-line swap lottery winnings.  I tried something different with the quilting on this and won’t try it again.

I thought I could free-motion some straight lines – only to find that you really must have a ruler to do this successfully.  And I didn’t plan ahead for what I was going to do when I got to the sashing (the sashing was necessary for the small differences in sizes since different people made the blocks).  I think I could do this again if I plan to make curvy lines instead!

Here's a detail (that I probably shouldn't show ...):

And I got the binding on both the Box Kites and the Rows of Posies quilts.  Oh, happy day!

These will go to WTIL after I finish one more to fill a box.  But now it’s back to that other project I had in mind … I've only cut a few blocks and I think I’m going to like them.  I’ll show the WIP soon.

No comments: