Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quilting Again

Just a quick update so that it gets duly noted that I accomplished some more quilting … I just had too many tops stacked up and needed to get some of them moving!  The one I quilted today was made from the fabric that was distributed to members of the Sunshine On-line Quilt Guild from a dear member’s stash when she passed away.  Another member told me that the four-squares that I ended up with were probably part of a long-ago member’s challenge that Bev B. was working on.  I wasn’t a member then but I felt a real link with the group when I was able to put together this top – I liked knowing about the continuity, I guess.  When it is finished it will go to Wrap-a-Smile, a group that Bev was passionate about helping.  Bev put her signature heart quilting in the corner of her quilts, so I quilted hearts on the four patches in her memory and meandered on the rest.  It needs to have the binding put on and into the box it will go!











Detail - maybe the heart
 quilting shows













Here are two of the tops, sitting on their proposed backings, that are waiting in line to be put on the frame.  A “girl” quilt on the left with a red calico backing and a “boy” quilt on the right with the sports equipment (yeah, I stereotype sometimes). 
Gotta keep moving!

No comments: