Thursday, October 13, 2011

Works in Process

I bought a few more annuals yesterday to plant in my front yard – maybe to entice those trick-or-treaters so I won’t eat all of the candy myself!  I was going to plant them this morning, but it rained.  Then the yard man came and sprayed the yard and I couldn’t go out until it dried.  Meanwhile, they sit on the sidewalk – enticing nobody.  Maybe tomorrow …
So I sewed today instead.  I used a block from the Quilter’s Cache called Tam’s Patch so that I could use up lots of 2 ½ inch scraps of solids.  It looks a lot like a Disappearing 9-Patch, but since I didn’t make the 9-patches, I could use up smaller scraps.  The larger blocks are 4 ½ inches and a good size to use up some novelty fabrics I had left over.  The block finishes at 8 inches.  Here’s a link to the block:

Here it is unsewn on the floor – I’ll have to move a few of the colors around to suit me and finish up the top tomorrow.  I’m thinking a multi-color stripe for the borders, but I haven’t decided on that yet.

Detail of some novelties

No comments: