Sunday, October 9, 2011

Second Sunday Sewing

Today (Sunday) is what my on-line quilt guild calls “Second Sunday Sewing”.  It’s just a designated day in the month when we might all pause and catch up on some charity sewing, especially if we haven’t had time to do any, and we chat on-line about what we’re working on.
On the Frame
I did some actual quilting today and yesterday.  My tops have been piling up (since I consider that the fun part) and I have needed to get some done for a long time.  I finished quilting these two, but don’t have the borders on yet.  I’m liking how they are turning out - simple meandering on both.

And on the nature front, I saw a Painted Bunting at our bird feeder!  I have seen these very colorful birds over on the east coast of Florida, but I don't remember having seen one here on the west coast.  The bird book actually has it on its cover since they are so cute.
Painted Bunting on the cover

The description says they are probably around here and will come to forested bird feeders like mine.  Maybe I finally hit on just the right birdseed that they like!  I usually have the kind of seed that cardinals like (and doves and squirrels and raccoons …), so I see lots of those, but this was special.
My photo is very bad since he was skittish and I had to shoot through the screen, but if you look closely, you can see his blue head and yellow back and red underbelly - very bright colors.  Too cool!

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Looks great from what we see!