Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stars of Avon is now a Flimsy

I finally finished sewing together the small squares and half-square triangles of the Stars of Avon top.  Sewing together small pieces is my least favorite part of making a quilt.  I love to read quilt magazines and/or seek our new designs on the internet.  Then I love to cut them out and lay out the design.  But when it comes to picking them up and sewing them together, I fall out of love.  Once they are complete, I fall back in love and feel particularly happy that another top is on its way.  What a cycle ... BTW, this doesn't happen to me with large blocks - those I love from start to finish.  I wonder why I ever work with smaller pieces ... Go figure!

I'm thinking of adding decorative borders at top and bottom to make this a rectangle - it is now 41 inches square.  We'll see what develops.

No comments: